2015 is fast disappearing which means it’s the time of year for reflection on the months past and planning for the new year ahead. I tend to have loads of resolutions each year, the usual “I’m going to be super fit”, “I’m going to stop eating all rubbish”, “I’m going to become a millionaire”, “I’m going to be practically perfect in every way, this is my year!”. You know, the ones that are massively unachievable and make you feel crappy when you don’t manage them.
Today I’ve mostly spent the day figuring out my plan for next year. Or at least trying to. Fixing my back has pretty much overtaken all thoughts for what I want to try and achieve for next year. So that’s top of the list!
I’ve realised that I really need to put myself and my wellbeing as my overall main priority next year. I tend to be the sort of person who wants everyone around me to be happy so I’ll cause myself unnecessary stress if it makes life easier for everyone else. It’s meant that over the years I’ve ended up overworked and exhausted. And that’s no good for anyone. So 2016 is all about taking care of myself.
What are your plans for 2016?
This past weekend I went to Disneyland Paris with the boy’s family. A place I hadn’t visited since a school trip back in Year 8. Yes, we went there on a school trip! I promise I didn’t go to a fancy school….
Early Friday morning we headed over to Ashford station to meet up with the family and jump on the Eurostar that takes you straight to the park. Why we haven’t been taking more advantage of the fact we live 20 minutes away from a train that takes you into Paris in 2 hours I don’t know!
Earlier in the year an old friend of mine posted a picture on Instagram of a tattoo he had designed that was up for grabs. A design that I loved and straight away pounced upon! I headed up to Leeds in July to make a 4 and a half hour start on my thigh.
Last Friday I went back for the 5 hour 2nd half and we are FINISHED! Look how beautiful it is! Excuse the fact its all swollen and still a little bit bloody…
In those 2 sessions I definitely realised that 3 hours is my comfort zone! Totally done for gigantic tattoos after this one, don’t think I can put myself through it again. It was totally worth it though…..
Tattoo by the insanely talented Steve Wade at All Seeing Eye
I am now finished work for the year which is a massive RTBC in itself! It’s the giant countdown to Christmas now and I’m way less organised than I think I’ve ever been with regards to presents. I’m hoping I won’t be wandering round town on Christmas Eve desperately trying to finish my presents! This week’s awesome stuff is:
- No long commute for 2 weeks!
- Disneyland Paris for 2 days tomorrow!
- My awesome new tattoo (which will be in another post)
- Catching up with loads of old friends
- Good news from my physio (the end is in sight!)
- Christmas markets with amazing bargains
- Getting over my cold by lying in bed spending hours on Pinterest. The obsession is growing….
I kinda think December’s Reasons To Be Cheerful are going to be stupidly easy! There’s so much awesome stuff taking place. So much so that I don’t have the time to keep up with blogging about it all. What a terrible, terrible problem I have…..! Hopefully I’ll get to catch up a little about the great things I’ve been getting up to soon, but until then I shall just let you know the things that have been making me all smiley!
- Christmas parties with my wonderful roller derby team that go on until 6am!
- Chocolate cupcakes and bowling at Brooklyn Bowl
- Early nights to recover from late nights
- Freddo Faces!
- Red lipstick
- Imminent tattoo times
- Christmas shopping in my PJs wrapped up on the sofa
- Gingerbread rum
- Laughing with new friends until the early hours
- My back feeling so close to being fixed
- Chip shop chips
- Getting organised for 2016
- Brightly coloured gym vests
It’s December! Which means Christmas is coming up so bloody fast. And 2015 is almost over. Crazy! I know it’s such an old person thing to say but I just don’t know where the times gone! Yeah, I know, I’m in my 30s, I’m allowed to be a grown up and say crap like that. On that note….things I’ve been loving this week (which aren’t remotely grown up):
- Putting my black Christmas tree up and covering it with glittery skulls!
- Discovering a load of seriously reduced Halloween themed biscuits in Tesco
- Christmas craft fairs and discovering some incredible local talent
- Amazon wish lists. It’s almost like shopping, right?
- Youtube haul videos. I think this might also be me shopping vicariously through others!
- Buying the most hideous gold dress I can find for my team’s Christmas party. It’s tradition and only gets worse each year!