I am now finished work for the year which is a massive RTBC in itself! It’s the giant countdown to Christmas now and I’m way less organised than I think I’ve ever been with regards to presents. I’m hoping I won’t be wandering round town on Christmas Eve desperately trying to finish my presents! This week’s awesome stuff is:
- No long commute for 2 weeks!
- Disneyland Paris for 2 days tomorrow!
- My awesome new tattoo (which will be in another post)
- Catching up with loads of old friends
- Good news from my physio (the end is in sight!)
- Christmas markets with amazing bargains
- Getting over my cold by lying in bed spending hours on Pinterest. The obsession is growing….
I kinda think December’s Reasons To Be Cheerful are going to be stupidly easy! There’s so much awesome stuff taking place. So much so that I don’t have the time to keep up with blogging about it all. What a terrible, terrible problem I have…..! Hopefully I’ll get to catch up a little about the great things I’ve been getting up to soon, but until then I shall just let you know the things that have been making me all smiley!
- Christmas parties with my wonderful roller derby team that go on until 6am!
- Chocolate cupcakes and bowling at Brooklyn Bowl
- Early nights to recover from late nights
- Freddo Faces!
- Red lipstick
- Imminent tattoo times
- Christmas shopping in my PJs wrapped up on the sofa
- Gingerbread rum
- Laughing with new friends until the early hours
- My back feeling so close to being fixed
- Chip shop chips
- Getting organised for 2016
- Brightly coloured gym vests
It’s December! Which means Christmas is coming up so bloody fast. And 2015 is almost over. Crazy! I know it’s such an old person thing to say but I just don’t know where the times gone! Yeah, I know, I’m in my 30s, I’m allowed to be a grown up and say crap like that. On that note….things I’ve been loving this week (which aren’t remotely grown up):
- Putting my black Christmas tree up and covering it with glittery skulls!
- Discovering a load of seriously reduced Halloween themed biscuits in Tesco
- Christmas craft fairs and discovering some incredible local talent
- Amazon wish lists. It’s almost like shopping, right?
- Youtube haul videos. I think this might also be me shopping vicariously through others!
- Buying the most hideous gold dress I can find for my team’s Christmas party. It’s tradition and only gets worse each year!
Creating a gratitude list is something I’ve tried to do over the years but it seems to be something that’s fallen by the wayside after a couple of days. As its the one thing that’s suggested time and again by those writers who discuss happiness, I think its something that needs a return! Here’s my 1st weekly Reasons To Be Cheerful:
Pecan Pie scented candles from Wax Lyrical
Stretching – my poor painful back loves it!
Long hot showers
Gala Darling’s Daily Gratiscope on Periscope
Being able to sit down without being in pain! (Trust me, it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to!)
Berry and banana smoothies